REZ LIFE

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

CANYON TRIP....


That's the Grand, of course. The Grand Canyon....an amazing place that never seems to stop the oohs and aahs by on-lookers. It never fails to make my heart pidder-padder and memories flow. Of course, this is the place where Jesse and I gave our hearts and souls to one another.

The School Group gathered at the Colorado River after crossing over to the north side.

This is the third year chaperoning a select group of 8th graders from Jesse's school to hike down Kaibab Trail to the river and back up Bright Angel in one day. Let me tell you....that's one heck of a day too. We started out early and the last ones made it out by 7:30 pm. That night we didn't have to worry about giggling and chatting echoing through the campsite but rather they were replaced by snores and moans. I mean, the next morning not a single person could walk properly without groaning from the muscle aches. Although it's a grueling hike with the soreness afterwards, Jesse and I look forward to this trip every year.

We hope that your Spring has come to fruition and we hope you are looking forward to the summer heat. Come visit us. We love visitors!

Jesse and Tracy on the Kaibab Trail heading down towards the river.



3 Comments:

  • I know that sometimes you guys question why you live in such a remote place, but the chances that you both provide these kids is amazing! You should both rest easy at night in the fact that you are exactly where you need to be. As hard as it can be.
    Jessica H.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

  • Hey friends...I wanna come visit. Maybe I can stick my kids in a closet for a week ;)

    Anyways...so Jess are climbing Rainier this summer??

    By Blogger zack, at 8:53 PM  

  • Hey, what's this I read about you possibly not returning (Navajo Times, 6-13-07)??? Please say it ain't so!!
    We'll be praying for you both!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home