REZ LIFE

Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Cranes Reunite

Yeah, that's the Crane patriarch right of me and right of center. Everyone else in the picture is somehow related to Lowell Wilbur Crane. Most of the relatives are from the Indianapolis area. We all congregated at my parents' home in Tulip, Indiana. It was a beautiful setting for a bunch of relatives to get together. Some of them I knew and some were brand new acquaintances. It was a great time of catching up, eating good barbecue, and playing heated yard games. The heat came not only from the 90 degree temps, but also from the old competitive fires of brotherly love. I don't think my brother and I should ever be allowed on a badminton court together again. The weekend was also the Bloomfield Apple Festival, which was one of my favorite yearly events growing up. We walked around the fest Friday afternoon, but it just wasn't the same as when they used to have it at the town square. Of course, we were also chasing girls, spraying people with invisible ink, and watching fights in those days, which may have created a little higher energy. Now when I visit the fest I see those tough guys who used to be in the fights walking their little girls around and the thing that brings the most excitement is bottled water. I was impressed with the Walnut Grove spring water that was on sale. It is very smooth, and considering the heat I'm sure they were selling plenty. Did I mention it was like 95 and high humidity in October? When I was growing up Apple Fest meant rain, sleet, and a high of 50, tops. Come to think of it, the temperature here in Tsaile in November has been really high, much higher than last year. Maybe my friend, Jarrod Holtsclaw, is on to something. Maybe there is something to global warming. Speaking of friends, it was good to see Brian and Brooke Thomas and their baby girl, Ashland. Speaking of babies...my next post. (Actually you will see it before this one, but it is entered into the blog after this one. Comprende?) That is a Spanish word. Tracy and I are supposed to be studying Spanish each evening. I am pretty sad. I aced three semesters of it in college yet still hablo crappy. Anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home