REZ LIFE

Sunday, July 27, 2008

REZ GAMES

The last week of April and the first of May finally brought warmer temps to the high country on the Rez. Typically winter temperatures last from November until April around the Tsaile area, but this year we saw more snow and felt more cold than any other year in our five plus years at Tsaile.
During the month of April, major league baseball teams just open their seasons, but on the Rez the junior high and high school teams are ready to finish things up. I didn't coach this year, but I did manage to umpire several high school games. Overall the fans and coaches were very gracious to me and my ever-developing umpiring skills. It was much harder than I ever imagined! There were three games I called solo. Now that is an interesting situation.

I wonder if any of our readers out there can correctly define the infield fly rule. That is the true test of a true baseball fan.

One weekend we were invited to play baseball with a family up on top of the Defiance Plateau near Sawmill. It was fun playing amongst the tall ponderosa pines.

Back at our house in Tsaile, we broke out the Bocce ball, one of the world's oldest games, and it was a hit with the local kids.



A play at the plate!







Cody concentrates to get close to the "jack" as Brady looks on in our backyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home